Are looking to gain some muscle mass before summer kicks in? Well, forget about scrunches and head straight to the best abs machines on the market. It’s never too late to get that toned stomach you’ve always dreamt of and now is the time to get started. The most significant part about ab machines is that once purchased, they can be used in the comfort of your own home. Which means that you can now say goodbye to those pricey gym subscriptions! With different price ranges available for the various kinds of equipment, we encourage you to check the list below for the best ab machines for your home workouts or gyms exercise sessions. Each type of the ab machine has been provided for you, to enable you to decide on what’s best for your needs.
The Best Ab Machines
The first best ab machine for home on our list is the Perfect Fitness Ab Carver Pro. Developed by a renowned brand, known for the design and production of innovative fitness solutions, meant to increase muscle efficiency and engagement, all products that Perfect Fitness invents are straightforward to use as they make use of the most vital principles and organic movements, intended to help anyone unlock their body’s full potential no matter their workout experience.
This ab machine helps improve the effectiveness of ab exercises with a patented design. Its ab wheel design helps strengthen and engage your back muscles, chest, arms and ultimately your core. The Carver Pro also makes efficient use of a distinct carbon steel spring mechanism which, unlike many traditional ab wheels, assists as users roll back and resistance as they roll out. This mechanism used resultantly ensures that you are making thorough use of your muscles during every workout session.
Ultra-wide ab roller
the engine uses a carbon steel spring
Ergonomic hand grips
high-density foam knee pad for superior comfort
- BrandPerfect Fitness
- Weight5.15 lbs
Extra full wheel for stability
Ergonomic padded handles
Comes with workout planner and foam knee pad
users felt the roller was big
bad option for people with back problems
rolling range too short
Are you torn between your body goals and enjoying the warmth of your home? The solution to your dilemma may be found with the Total Gym Core Trainer Blast Machine. Developed to be extremely convenient and practical, this ab exercise machine is set to help you work out your core for the perfect stomach without you having to move from your living room. This ab machine features an improved level of core stability and balance, which is set to help you strengthen and tighten your core.
With such a crunch machine in your home, you will see an immense improvement in your stability and balance in no time, thanks to exercises such as toning planks, ab strengthening planks, crunches and pikes. All these exercises have been designed such that everyone on any fitness level will be able to execute them. It doesn’t matter if you’re a beginner or an expert, the workouts provided by the Total Gym Core Trainer are progressive enough to keep you occupied and sweaty.
Folds for compact storage
an instructional DVD and wall chart
improved balance and core stability
for levels ranging from beginner to expert
- BrandTotal Gym
- Weight39.9 lbs
Simple, clean design
Setting it up is straightforward
The knee pad is smaller
Screws all over the box
Another ab machine that you can purchase for usage in the comfort of your living room is the Wonder Core Smart Fitness Machine. The Wonder Core Smart is one of the best ab machines known today and has been recommended by many individuals and professionals for those who are searching for well-toned abs. Its design is simple, but it assures you of the six-pack becoming a reality by helping you undertake exercises such as bridges, pushes ups, biceps extensions, scissor kicks, and many more.
Upon your purchase, you’re provided with an instructional DVD to guide you on the various exercises, and how best to execute them. The Wonder Core Smart is one of the advanced ab machines that has been designed for easy use by users of all fitness levels. It features multiple resistance levels and is extremely helpful in the cardiac department. You also don’t need to allocate time to the installation of the Wonder Core machine, as it’s already been assembled fully before your purchase.
One compact System
Targets a variety of muscle groups
COMP and portable
Adjustable dual resistance
- BrandWonder Core
- Weight14.77 lbs
Exercise DVD and fitness guide included
Comes fully assembled
On the pricey side
Recommended maximum user weight is 250 pounds
Some users felt there wasn’t enough resistance
To build powerful back muscles and also to improve your core strength and isolating abs, the Titan Hyper/Back Extension Bench is a must for you. It’s one of the most versatile gym machines for abs in existence, and a marvelous addition to your garage or home gym, designed to make an immense difference in your workouts and the results you get. The Titan Hyper Bench is a multifunctional creation that is great for crunches, dips, and hyperextensions.
For more intense workouts, this exercise bench or ab machine can be used together with dumbbells. The single bench is a muscle targeting piece of equipment that focuses not only on your abs but also your back, glutes, and hamstrings. It provides all users with up to five height positions, meant to fit both your height and your workout requirements. The durability of this ab machine is also ensured, thanks to the use of a thickly padded bench that features stitched vinyl upholstery.
Wide frame design
Vibrant powder coating and Titan embroidery
- BrandTitan Fitness
- Weight44 lbs
Fits most users comfortably
Stability maximizing feet
Folds back for easy storage
Poorly executed construction
Not designed for short people
Tends to shift during a workout.
The Cap Barbell Ab Trainer for adults is an easy-to-use crunch tool designed to help you tone and sculpt your core muscles with ease. With its sturdy and ergonomic design, this piece of equipment enables you to get rid of all strains usually experienced in your neck and back, after performing exercises such as crunches. It also features durable steel construction, together with a cushioned headrest for the added comfort and support.
If there’s one thing the manufacturers of this ab core machine hold dear, it has to be durability. This is an ab machine that is great for use both in the gym and the comfort of your home. It is straightforward to install and requires no unique skill set or knowledge for its set up. The CAP Barbell brand is the proud manufacturer of this piece of equipment, and they have been in existence for over 25 years.
Sturdy, ergonomic design
Ideal for home use
Eliminate back and neck strain
- BrandCAP Barbell
- Weight5 lbs
Made of durable steel construction
Cushioned headrest for support
Easy-to-use crunch tool
Not an improvement to the 80’s original
You may be looking for a simple and convenient method with which you can target your upper body and core, and we have one device that does that and more. It is the Perfect Fitness Crunch, an innovative development designed and patented to help you flip easily between crunches and push-ups. This stomach exercise machine caters for all your core needs, and it also encourages you to undertake exercises meant to help you achieve both muscular symmetry and balance.
During your workout sessions, you’re free to alternate between an ab crunch core workout and a push workout, as this ab machine has been designed with both simplicity and efficiency in mind. Nothing comes between you and your workout since this piece of equipment contains no moving pieces or parts.
Perfect for all fitness levels
Reduce strain on head and neck
Perform crunches comfortably and effectively
Flip over for push-ups
- BrandPerfect Fitness
- Weight6.9 lbs
Suitable all fitness levels
Mesh tends to get loose often
On the bulky side
One ab equipment that has been in existence for an extremely long time is the Ab Circle Pro Home Fitness Machine. Over the years, this effective crunch machine has left a mark in the fitness industry which cannot be erased by any other product. With this ab machine, users will be able to get their core ripped and toned within minutes each day. You’re not required to use the machine for extended periods; a single three-minute workout every day is enough to help you gain results over time.
The Ab Circle Pro brings back the fun in working out, as it doesn’t include boring and monotonous sit-ups or crunches. It has been constructed with gym steel, which ensures its durability for a lifetime. Storage is also a breeze, thanks to its compact and simple design features. For extra comfort, the handles and knee pads of this sit up exercise equipment have been cushioned. There are three resistance levels offered to all users of the Ab Circle machine; thus, it can be used with ease by people of all experience levels.
Three resistance levels
- BrandAb Circle
- Weight30.9 lbs
Made of durable metal
Folds for comfortable and convenient storage
Includes workout and nutritional guides to maximize results
durability issues with the knee pads
At about 30 pounds
It might be heavy for some
Difficulty with assembly
Meet your new personal trainer, the Fitnessery Ab Wheel. This ab workout machine is a piece of equipment invented by professionals around the world as an innovative solution to help individuals build bigger and stronger six-pack abs. It also helps those seeking to burn calories, strengthen muscles and improve their general endurance levels. Ideal for use in your home, the Fitnessery equipment features sturdy and durable construction, which enables it to withstand every kind of workout session, no matter how intense.
Materials used for this abs exercise machine include non-slip rubber, stainless steel and durable PVC. To ensure ultimate safety and comfort, the abs roller handles have been created using comfortable EVA foam padding. Building abs of steel just became much more comfortable with the Fitnessery Ab Wheel. It is also an economical choice for people around the world, as it helps you undertake a total body workout in minutes. This means you don’t need a gym subscription or membership to get your ideal body.
Strong, durable material
Each purchase includes three incredible extras
Life-time risk-free guarantee with every purchase
- Weight1.52 lbs
Strengthens arms and shoulders
Includes a nutrition e-book, knee mat, and exercise e-book
Non-slip, durable rubber wheel, comfortable hand grips
Tends to cause too much strain on the back for some users
Beginners might find the tool a little awkward to get used to
Some users felt the knee pad was a bit flimsy
The final product to be reviewed is the Inspire Fitness Ab Bench, an abdominal exercise equipment developed with gym quality for half the price! This piece of equipment helps you build strong core muscles while burning calories, with private ab workouts. It’s made from sturdy and durable stainless steel and features solid steel ball bearings that encourage natural movement. The bench pads have been designed from closed cell foam, and come wrapped with high grade, double stitched Naugahyde.
The design of this abdominal exercise equipment ensures that throughout every crunch, you can maintain proper form while reducing strain usually experience at the back and neck. It also features a built-in weight horn, which offers advanced users more resistance, as they add more weight plates for a more effective workout. The core muscles in your body support every movement your body makes; thus, it is advisable to get an effective ab machine, much like the Inspire Fitness Ab Bench, to help you build strength, stability and toned abs.
Commercial gym quality
Solid steel ball bearings
built for Olympic or standard weight plates
Warranty – Limited Lifetime frame Light
- BrandInspire Fitness
- Weight2.2 lbs
Extra full wheel for stability
Ergonomic padded handles for comfort
Comes with foam workout planner and knee pad
Poorly executed construction
Not designed for short people
Tends to shift during a workout
Ab Machines Buying Guide
Types of Equipment to Train Abs
The ab machines currently available on the market are many; thus you’re provided with a variety of options to choose from. Some examples of these machines are the rockers, rollers, and wheels.
Each workout equipment helps you achieve your desired result in different ways, by making use of various movements and methods which have proven to be very useful. Here are a few the different types out there:
- Ab Wheel: the ab wheel is one of the most popular types of an ab machine on the market. At a high level of resistance, this machine can help condition your upper torso and provide you with an intense core workout, despite its small size and design. It is straightforward to store, but it's not a great option for beginners.
- Ab Chair: unlike the Ab wheel, ab chairs are beginner friendly. This machine has been designed to help get rid of a lot of loads while you do your crunches. It is also highly recommended for people experiencing poor core strength or back issues.
- Sit Up Bench: any well-equipped gym will have at least one sit up bench. This bench is a great tool, as it ensures that all exercises performed are done with a proper form. It offers all users with excellent stability and leverage during their workout sessions, reducing the level of strain on their lower back.
- Pull Up Bar: ab strengthening is done with help from pull up bars. These ab machines double as full upper body workout equipment, and they allow you stretch and thoroughly crunch your abdominal muscles in various movements. They are the best option if you’re searching for a low priced machine that will still offer you a full body workout.
- EMS devices: EMS, also known as electrical muscle stimulation is usually used for muscle recovery or to help train your muscles. It comes in the form of a belt for ab exercises and features a handle controller that users can use to adjust their training duration and intensity.
- Ab Circle & Glider: these two are similar and function, which is why they’ve been put together. They help you train more muscles in a single workout, as they allow a large motion range.
Benefits of Using an Ab Machine
There are a lot of exercises one can use to attain perfectly toned abs, but most often, you will need to do tons of them for more extended periods, before you start to see the results. Another negative that comes with ab workouts is that after a while, exercises such as crunches and sit-ups begin to feel monotonous and boring. That’s why getting hold of an ab machine will help make all your core workouts slightly more entertaining while increasing efficiency. Here are some benefits that you can expect;
- Full Range Motion: ab machines make full range motion possible. To get results that will last a long time, it is essential that you're provided with a full range of motion, as this maximizes each crunch you perform.
- Appropriate stress: your muscle will never grow if the movements performed do not stress the muscle and cause it to fatigue positively. This fatigue is needed for your muscle to recover and become more prominent, and this is provided when you use an ab machine.
- Comfort: comfort is a vital benefit that plays a huge role for many users. With ab machines, the pain usually felt in the neck or backs of users after a workout session is eliminated since all movement is done strictly for the abs.
- Ease of Use: many users of ab machines choose it because if how easy it is to use. All machines have been designed to get the job done such that each exercise is performed correctly for the best results.
Essential Tips When Training Abs
- Since your back has been made to bend, it’s vital that you round your back while doing crunches. Bending helps you crunch your rectus abdominis thoroughly, helping it shorten. While this happens, your lower back musculature is being stretched.
- Target specific regions by creating a routine that helps you put a focus on the upper and lower areas of your body. It is not possible to isolate, but you can place more emphasis on one area over the other.
- Work your way up in your training, instead of starting with huge weights and reps. You can build progression by decreasing your rest times, increasing your resistance or increasing your reps with a fixed strength.
Five Steps to Help Strengthen Your Core
- Consciously invest time into improving your core strength.
- Perform the big three exercise that is suitable for all fitness levels. The big three comprises of three low-intensity exercises namely the curl-up, side bridge, and the bird dog.
- Correctly perform the exercises, to avoid the case of injury.
- Keep the exercise varied. Monotony is often the cause of people quitting their workout sessions. The activity doesn't feel as active as before. It is good to add a challenge to your standard activities to keep them unique.
- Consider performing the many varieties of planks, as these possess more dynamic movement patterns.
Safety Tips When Training Abs
- Breathe during core exercises to reduce the risk of cardiovascular problems.
- Be sure to maintain a straight spine during your workouts, especially during planks, to prevent damaging your vertebrae.
- Ensure that the rest of your spine is in line with your neck. You can ensure this by keeping your eyes on the ceiling throughout a crunch.
- Make use of a slow, controlled movement for all abdominal exercises, to prevent joint injury in your body.