The Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin Air speaker system, just as the name suggests, is an iPhone/iPad/iPod dock that apes a large, black Zeppelin. (For those unversed in air travel, a ‘Zeppelin’ is a blimp)
Blimps never sounded as ridiculously fantastic as the tiny Zeppelin Air, though. In addition to its classy exterior, the unit features:
- Optical and analog inputs and outputs for TVs, legacy iPod models, computers, and other compatible systems
- B & W’s prestigious MM-1 speaker system that boasts dual mid-range drivers, internal Class D amplifiers and subwoofer, and tweet drivers (two on each side)
- Ultra-wide sound dispersion
- Receiver that wirelessly streams (via AirPlay) audio from the iPhone, iPad, iTouch and even iTunes
- A metallic arm that holds an iPhone, iPad, iPod or iTouch virtually seamlessly
The B & W Zeppelin Air sound system promises to deliver sound that’s even superior to its ultra-chic design. While it’s certainly one of the most expensive docks to date, for audiophiles that won’t settle for any less than Apple’s high-tech, yet minimalist design and engineering philosophy, the choice is simple.