iPhone 4 (iOS): Apple’s iPhone started the next-generation smartphone game in 2007 and has set the bar ever since. Featuring the stunning Retina display that packs a crisp 326-pixels per inch, the iPhone 4 definitely has the finest screen of any smartphone out there. Combined with a zippy A4 processor, iOS 4.3, a front-facing camera for FaceTime video chat and a 5-megapixel camera that gives most point-and-shoots a run for their money, the iPhone 4 is the do-it-all pocket computer you’ve been waiting for.
Bonus: The iPhone 4 is now available on Verizon (and can make phone calls now)!
- Hi-res Retina display
- Stunning glass-and-aluminum body
- A4 1GHz processor
- Front-facing camera for FaceTime
- Rear-facing 5-megapixel camera with LED flash (capable of 720p video capture)
Motorola Atrix 4G (Android): You know how everyone says smartphones are really just tiny computers (I did it only a moment ago…)? The Motorola Atrix 4G aims to take that claim even further with its accompanying laptop dock (sold separately) and dual-core 1GHz processor.
Imagine surfing the Web, listening to some music and taking a look at some documents all on your phone. Then, when you get back to the office, you just plug the device into the laptop dock and suddenly you’re using a Linux computer to edit those same documents and surf the web on a full-size screen.
Oh, and did we mention that the Atrix is AT&T’s first 4G high-speed phone?
- 4-inch screen
- Laptop dock turns the phone into a “desktop” computer
- Access to AT&T’s 4G networks
- NVidia Tegra 2 dual-core processor
- SD slot for upgrading internal storage capacity (16GB internal + up to 32GB SD card = 48GB maximum storage)
- 720p video capture (upgradable to 1080p via a future software update)
Samsung Focus (Windows Phone 7): Windows Phone 7 is the new kid in town and looks damn good on the Samsung Focus. The Focus packs a 1GHz Snapdragon processor and 8GB of internal memory into a slick package. Pop in a 32GB micro-SD card and you’ve got 40GB to do with what you please. However, the highlight of the device has to be its brilliant 4-inch Super AMOLED screen, which makes reading in sunlight a lot easier than on other phones.
- 4-inch crisp, clear Super AMOLED screen
- 1GHz Snapdragon processor
- Rear-facing 5-megapixel camera
- micro-SD card slot
- Runs the uber-slick Windows Phone 7 OS