Sony is banking on hopes that 3D will take off this year, and the line of products that they introduced at CES are likely to push consumers further in that direction.
Touted as the world’s first “Double Full HD” 3D camcorder, the HDR-TD10 is equipped with double Sony G lenses, double “Exmor R” CMOS image sensors, and double BIONZ image processors. Other features include:
- 64GB embedded flash memory
- 10x optical zoom in 3D mode
- 2D-to-3D dedicated switch
- 3D ready 3.5-inch Xtra Fine LCD touch screen
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization
- Tracking Focus, Golf Shot, and Intelligent Auto Mode
- 5.1ch surround mic
- 1920×1080 Full HD 60p/24p recording w/7MP still image capture
Whether or not Sony’s aspirations will take to the mainstream is still unknown, but they’re making a pretty convincing case with the new Sony HDR-TD10.