More blades? Not this time. The new Gillette Fusion ProGlide (and ProGlide Power) will continue with the same five blade system that its predecessor uses. Apparently this new model is all about quality over quantity. Only time will tell if the blades are worth the 10% price jump.
Nonetheless, the upgrades are enticing. Taken directly from Gillette’s press release:
- Re-engineered Low Cutting Force Blades with 15% thinner, finer edges and our advanced low-resistance coating enabling the blades to cut effortlessly through hair with less tug and pull.
- A Blade Stabilizer to maintain optimal blade spacing for comfort while allowing the blades to adjust to the contours of a man’s face.
- A streamlined Snowplow Comfort Guard which channels excess shave prep to help maintain optimal blade contact, stretching the skin for a close, comfortable shave.
- An Enhanced Lubrastrip, 25% larger than before, infused with mineral oil and lubricating polymers, enabling the razor to move smoothly over skin even on repeat strokes.
- An improved Precision Trimmer including an enhanced blade, a comb guard to better align long hairs, and new rinse-through slots.
- A Redesigned Handle with bigger, more ergonomic grips for better control, enhanced weight and balancing and improved transition between front and back shaving surfaces.
- An innovative Microcomb, exclusively on Gillette Fusion ProGlide Power, that helps guide hair to the blade.