More blades? Not this time. The new Gillette Fusion ProGlide (and ProGlide Power) will continue with the same five blade system that its predecessor uses. Apparently this new model is all about quality over quantity. Only time will tell if the blades are worth the 10% price jump.
Nonetheless, the upgrades are enticing. Taken directly from Gillette’s press release:
- Re-engineered Low Cutting Force Blades with 15% thinner, finer edges and our advanced low-resistance coating enabling the blades to cut effortlessly through hair with less tug and pull.
- A Blade Stabilizer to maintain optimal blade spacing for comfort while allowing the blades to adjust to the contours of a man’s face.
- A streamlined Snowplow Comfort Guard which channels excess shave prep to help maintain optimal blade contact, stretching the skin for a close, comfortable shave.
- An Enhanced Lubrastrip, 25% larger than before, infused with mineral oil and lubricating polymers, enabling the razor to move smoothly over skin even on repeat strokes.
- An improved Precision Trimmer including an enhanced blade, a comb guard to better align long hairs, and new rinse-through slots.
- A Redesigned Handle with bigger, more ergonomic grips for better control, enhanced weight and balancing and improved transition between front and back shaving surfaces.
- An innovative Microcomb, exclusively on Gillette Fusion ProGlide Power, that helps guide hair to the blade.
We'd love to get a study on what percentage of hit songs are actually performed by one-hit wonders. While this list can't shed any light on that data, we're pretty sure, just by doing the research, th... Read more
Guy movies look and feel a certain kind of way. Revenge, action, comedy, and yes, even a little romance, is what it takes to please us. We’re not even above embracing a kids’ movie once in a while. Th... Read more
It’s hard to come up with a list of the 100 greatest songs of all time and not leave people out, or be called a “son of a bitch” and other unflattering things by your readers. Nevertheless, inStash go... Read more
On rare occasions, all those years of drinking and making an ass out of oneself in public pay off. Such was the case when the editors of inStash asked me to comprise a list of must-try beers. It wasn’... Read more
Sign up for the inStash Daily Newsletter delivered every morning via email. We bring you the best gadgets and gifts for men along with top lists and featured stories to keep you in the loop on what's hot. We hate spam so we'll never share or sell your email address. Promise.